Before I get to the actual blog topic, let me share: Nadya Suleman's PR team announced that she's been receiving death threats. Wait...she has a PR TEAM?! WHO'S PAYING FOR THAT?!
So, stimulus. Here's a few ideas...I haven't fully weighed out the practicality of them, but I think they're interesting.
1) What about offering tax incentives to companies who employ 100% Americans? Good for our job market and our sanity (Indian call centers no more!).
2) Instead of stimulus CHECKS which can go right into the bank or to buy drugs or get paypaled to that heinous bitch, Nadya Suleman...why not stimulus GIFT CARDS? The cards could be valid at a variety of AMERICAN stores, stimulating consumer spending at companies that employ Americans.
3) Rent out Giants Stadium and sell overpriced (think Streisand concert prices) tickets to the execution of Bernie Madoff. Full house, guaranteed.
4) Tax churches/synagogues/mosques...any "religious" (quotes to include cults that may have somehow been designated as such) organization. Let them right off charity work the same way citizens and businesses do, but TAX them.
5) Legalize marijuana and prostitution and tax them. Morals morals morals...shut up. When your kids can't afford to go to college, guess what will be left for them to do...pot and prost...so let's get some money in the economy and fund education.
Anyone got more before I send these to Obama's email address?