Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pregnant "Men?"

I continue to believe that Arnold Schwarzenegger movies are not real. Yes, he's the governor of CA, which is disturbing, but really...can we expect a new game show where professional wrestlers KILL prisoners? (American Gladiators meets Guantanamo Bay! Love it!) And yet, that classic knee-slapper "Junior" is suddenly a true story? Well...Good Morning America shocked me with the lead in that a MAN IS PREGNANT! I had to leave for work, but once I got here, I immediately investigated. Here's the deal: this woman had a "sex change" and is now a man. Well, duh. Of course a MAN can't be pregnant. But how could someone with a sex change operation still get pregnant? How bout if he STILL HAS A VAGINA?! I'm all in support of sex reassignment, but in order to CHANGE GENDER, you need to go the whole nine yards. Keeping your vagina, skipping hormone therapy, and getting pregnant DOES NOT make you a pregnant man. And you know what, I resent being told that you are a pregnant man. Cause it's not true. And you are just being a media whore...or media pimp. So, thank god, Arnold's films are still fantasies. Though if someone wants to send him to Mars, preferably SOON, I'm all for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Technically and legally he is a pregnant man. Whether or not he went the "whole 9 yards" doesn't matter. Legally he has his status as a man. In the eyes of the law, he is male. He is even married, legally, to his wife.

I respect that each of us has a differing opinion about things...and I don't like his media surfing, but whether you consider him a man or not, he is legally, spiritually, and most important...emotionally a man.

TheGreenMan said...

Out of curiosity, what are the legal requirements for being considered a man?

Anonymous said...

I can't quote the legal requirements. However, he has documents proving he is a man in the eyes of the law. So whatever requirements were needed had been met or he wouldn't have that legal status.

Also, it's not for you to judge or "be offended" by what people call themselves. Of all people I thought you'd have been more open minded. You sound very Right Wing/FOX News in this blog.

TheGreenMan said...

It doesn't say I was offended by anything. It says I resented being told that a man was pregnant. It was a comment on the media...not on the guy's personal choices.

Anonymous said...

"I'm all in support of sex reassignment, but in order to CHANGE GENDER, you need to go the whole nine yards. Keeping your vagina, skipping hormone therapy, and getting pregnant DOES NOT make you a pregnant man. And you know what, I resent being told that you are a pregnant man. Cause it's not true. And you are just being a media whore...or media pimp."

Here you are debasing him for not following your rules to gender reassignment. You state that if he does A, B, and C he will be a woman, but he did not. I don't care what you think constitutes a 100% reassignment...if the law says he's a Man...Vagina or not, he's a Man. Emotionally, spiritually, and legally. If I could have a child with my partner, I would.

And I'm sorry, but the term "resent" and "offend" are too damn close in meaning, especially when the entire blog feels very negative.